Saftey Tips

Please call the Co-op at 403-642-3991, if you are dealing with any emergencies with your gas. 
  • If you can smell gas around your meter set, call Triple W Gas Co-op at 403-642-3991
  • If you smell gas in your house, do not turn any electrical switch on as this may create the source of ignition to cause an explosion. Call the Co-op at 403-642-3991 immediately.
  • Natural gas is lighter than air so an underground leak will take the path of least resistance to surface. If you smell gas anywhere on your property, phone the Co-op at 403-642-3991
  • If your carbon monoxide detector goes off, open your windows to ventilate, leave the premises and call the Co-op at 403-642-3991.
  • Change the filter or wash the filter on your furnace twice a year, once in the spring and once in the fall. Furnaces need air to have complete combustion, lack of air can cause incomplete combustion and carbon monoxide to be released. Clean more often if you have pets.
  • If you vacuum out your furnace when you change filters, turn the power off to the furnace to avoid electrical shocks.
  • Change the batteries in your carbon monoxide detector when you change the batteries in your smoke detectors, twice a year.
  • Don’t hang anything like garden hoses on your meter, excessive weight can add strain and have the potential to break the piping and cause a leak/explosion.
  • ALWAYS call Alberta OneCall before you undertake any ground disturbance 1-800-242-3447, it is free to you!